Struggling to find some ideas for what to include in your meals for this month? I have got you covered! Below are 23 family (young kid even) friendly ideas utilizing various types of protein sources!
Please keep in mind, that unless otherwise stated I always add a vegetable/salad of some sort to the meal. Sometimes the meal requires specific vegetables (that just make sense) to add as a side dish, and quite often the dishes themselves contain lots of vegetables because they are casseroles etc. I always will put as many vegetables right INTO our supper as I possibly can, and serve fresh veggies or salad on the side in addition. 🙂
Meal ideas for November!
- Hashbrown shepards pie – My recipe (which I haven’t had a chance to write up yet) is a bit different, but this version looks amazing as well!
- Steak Sandwiches – just sliced up grilled steak on open face buns with mayonnaise, garlic, and shredded cheese
- Swedish meatball soup
- Mexican fried rice & tacos
- Sloppy joes
- Beef Stew
- Baked ziti with beef
- General Tao with rice
- Sesame ginger lettuce wraps
- sheet pan honey garlic chicken & vegetables
- Creamy chicken pot pie noodles
- One dish chicken and rice bake
- Fish sticks & fries
- pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw
- Veggie rigatoni bake
- Mac ‘n’ cheese & hotdogs
- Italian sausage + ravioli soup
- Smoked turkey Cobb wraps
These are your meal ideas for October!
- Beefy 1 pot Dinner
- Beef Quinoa Soup – my recipe
- Simple Salisbury steak served with Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans/Garden Salad
- Sweet & Sour Meatballs on Rice (I just use frozen meatballs, make a simple sweet and sour sauce using vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup etc, and serve on Basmati rice)
- Layered Taco Bake
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Italian Roast beef sandwiches with garden salad
- Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup – I am a HUGE fan of recipes from this site
- Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Taquito’s
- Crockpot Italian Chicken Pasta
- Chicken sheet pan dinner served with Caesar Salad
- Freezer Chicken Enchiladas
- Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie
- Teriyaki Salmon (VH Teriyaki Sauce) with Quinoa Fried Rice
- Gluten free Fish Sticks with French fries and coleslaw salad
- Tuna salad sandwhiches
- Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Ham Pasta Skillet : Yes, this was an idea for September as well. That is just how much we love it. Eat it monthly!
- One pan sausage & tortellini
- Ham Tetrazzini
- Cheesy Pierogi Casserole – I will be adding some cut up smokies to ours!
- Corn Chowder – Can add ham chunks
- Pumpkin Waffles with scrambled eggs
- Broccoli Cheese soup with Egg Salad Buns
- Homemade Pizza’s
These are your meal ideas for September!
You will notice that some meals do not include a recipe link. That is because it is one of those recipes I just make from memory and wouldn’t know where the original recipe came from to begin with. Or it is one that is very straightforward using common ingredients that everyone usually has their own specific variation of anyways.
Any recipe with a link will link out to where I first found the recipe from – there are some amazing recipe creators out there that deserve to shared! Anytime I find a recipe that my family loves, I love the website recipe link so you are able to add it to your recipe collection in whatever way suits you best! Whether that be digitally or physically.
Enjoy, I hope you will find this useful!
- Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Chicken Enchiladas and Mexican Rice
- Baked Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Add crumbled broccoli and spinach into sauce before baking for extra veggies for picky eaters
- Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta : another all time family favourite of ours
- Steak sandwhiches
- Instant Pot Burgers and fries
- Cold Pesto Roast Beef Sub sandwhiches
- Crockpot Beef and Broccoli on rice
- Swedish meatball soup
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Taco Salad
- We use Dorito chips, and Catalina dressing for ours and omit the kidney beans
- Spaghetti Casserole
- Garlic shrimp risotto
- teriyaki salmon and asiago rice
- To make this meal really fast – we used a pre-packed asiago rice side dish, store bought teriyaki sauce and made garlic parmesan roasted broccoli in the oven for the side
- Lemon dilly tuna melts: All you need is
- Flaked tuna mixed in a bowl with mayonnaise
- Add either lemon juice and dill or a lemon dilly type spice (I use Lemon Dilly from Epicure)
- Touch of garlic
- Spread mixture onto flatbreads of choice, top with cheese and sprinkle with bbq sauce. Bake till warm and bubbly
- Greek Pork chop sheet pan meal
- Pork chops
- baby potatoes
- green salad on side
- Easy Ham Pasta Skillet : side note this is one of our absolute FAVOURITE EASY one pan meals. A MUST for your recipe repetoire
- Smokies and potatoes grilled foil pack dinner
- Impossible Quiche
- Egg roll in a bowl : we actually tend to make this with ground beef instead because we always have beef in the freezer. Very good with beef as well!
- Sweet Crepes
- Apple Pancakes (German Pancakes)
Make sure to check back every month for our new meal ideas for the upcoming month!